Poultry Matters Forum moved to: www.poultrymatters.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Genetics of the Old English Game Bantam - Shelton

Go down

The Genetics of the Old English Game Bantam - Shelton Empty The Genetics of the Old English Game Bantam - Shelton

Post by Katy Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:58 pm

II have ordered a copy from Amazon as it was recommended to me on another website where I am a member. I've found that these types of books tend to have short runs and soon go out of publication, so I've bought a copy quickly. It has only recently become available. It's written by Timothy L. Shelton. I don't breed OEG, but the principles will apply to all breeds. The pictures on the front cover look suspiciously like those generated by the familiar 'calculator'.

http://www.amazon.com/Genetics-Old-English-Game-Bantam/dp/1452075808/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1294170848&sr=8-1

Genetics of the Old English Game Bantams is the MUST HAVE book that ALL poultry enthusiast, hobbyists, and breeders should read. It is well written and easy to understand. If you have an interest in color patterns, comb types and morphological characters this book will lead you down the correct path to making your own experiments and crosses. Get your copy today, sit back, crack open the cover and you will not be able to put it down. You will want it by your side for all your genetics questions and experiments.

Paperback: 72 pages
Publisher: AuthorHouse (October 13, 2010)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 1452075808
ISBN-13: 978-1452075808
Product Dimensions: 10.8 x 8.4 x 0.4 inches

Katy
Katy
Admin

http://www.poultrymatters.com

Back to top Go down

The Genetics of the Old English Game Bantam - Shelton Empty Re: The Genetics of the Old English Game Bantam - Shelton

Post by Katy Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:11 pm

It is purely about the genetics. There are no photos, just some diagrams. I'll put a couple of page shots here to show you what it's like.

It's not a coffee table book - it's a reference book that covers the names and the genetics of various OEG types and the gamefowl names of the colours. It's a fairly easy read, I think, if you're into that type of thing. I would still buy it as a reference but it is nothing like the quality of the Genetics of Chicken Colours for instance. That is a far better publication. It just depends what you're after in a book. This book was useful in that it gave gamefowl names for colours which are different to the terms usually used in genetics other genetics books.

The Genetics of the Old English Game Bantam - Shelton Contents

The Genetics of the Old English Game Bantam - Shelton Genetics_of_game_fowl_1

The Genetics of the Old English Game Bantam - Shelton Genetics_of_game_fowl_2

Katy
Katy
Admin

http://www.poultrymatters.com

Back to top Go down